Thursday, August 22, 2013

FEATURE| Lana Fame Interview

Lana Fame is making a name for herself one video at a time. The Youtube sensation has been making waves with her sultry voice and phenomenal musical covers. I was able to get an interview with Lana and discuss what influences her, her dream collaborations and a new single & EP due out this fall. Check out the interview after the jump. 



Hi Lana! How are you?

I'm doing really really good. Thanks for asking.

You used Youtube to showcase your talents and eventually gained a large following. Did expect to get this popular?

Absolutely not! Lol Posting videos was my sister's idea. The fact that it's turned into what it has is amazing and I'm extremely grateful.

How would you describe your sound?

Real, raw, and edgy. I say the things that most people are afraid to say. It's not fabricated. Everything is organic.

What are some of your influences you?

Life.

What is an important aspect about you that you may think some upcoming singers may be lacking? 

Besides having talent, I'm authentic. I am completely myself in real life and my music. There are so many people willing to settle, just to achieve a taste of fame. I'm not one of those people. I refuse to be anyone other than myself. I make music that I love and am proud of.

Your sense of fashion is amazing, does wardrobe play an important role in who you are as an artist?

Oh yes, indeed!!! It's just like my music. I'm able to express myself through my wardrobe. 

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

Continuing to expand my brand, build my empire, and still making great music. 

If you could collaborate with any artist who would it be?

Right now, it would be a toss up between Juicy J and Party next door. Juicy J isn't afraid to speak his mind or be himself. I love that in an artist. Party Next  Door is actually my favorite new artist. His sound is crazy!!! 

Do you have any new material coming out we should look our for?

Yes. My first single "Uzi" will be coming in September 2013. It'll be available on Itunes, Amazon, etc. My first EP will be coming out later on this fall. So be on the lookout. Uzi is an uptempo track with heavy bass. There's also some Houston influence on there (when you hear it, you'll see what I mean) lol. It's about a woman having everything that a man needs.  It's basically a woman's anthem telling a man that she knows he's tired of playing games with these little girls out in the street and that he doesn't have to look for another woman because this woman is all the woman he needs.

On a more personal note, what is your one guilty pleasure when it comes to food?

Dairy!!! OMG, I can't really even have dairy like that because its bad on my vocals. I LOVE cheese, yogurt, ice cream, sour cream...just all things dairy rock  MY world lol. But I do have a cheat day every once and awhile.
____

Be Sure to check out more from Lana Fame:
https://twitter.com/IamLanaFame
http://www.youtube.com/sadittybarbie22
https://soundcloud.com/lana-fame

No comments:

Post a Comment